At The Enginuity Group Corp. (HoodQ) and our HoodQ.com Website and Service offering, we take your right to privacy seriously. This includes the use of, among other things, “The HoodQ Homebuyer Hub”, “HoodQ Neighbourhood Guides”, and “HoodQ Reports”.
Information You Provide To Us
We may collect certain information that you provide to us, for example when you use solutions on “HoodQ.com”, or sign up for, or activate an account on the “HoodQ Homebuyer Hub” service. Depending on the HoodQ Website and Service you are using, such information could be used to identify you personally, alone or in combination with other information. ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes but is not limited to your name, contact information and account information. We will treat information as Personal Information where required by applicable law.
We may collect certain information directly from you through our business processes, such as:
- Account creation or registration information, such as:
- Contact information (e.g., name, phone number, email or mailing address);
- Account admin information (e.g., user name or password);
- Lifestyle, demographic and location information, for example, your age, date of birth or postal code;
- Device-related information, such as mobile service provider;
- Real estate and marketing-related preferences;
- Preference information such as saved searches about homes and neighbourhoods;
- Your lifestyle preferences;
- Your commute preferences;
- Your school preferences;
- Your lender, mortgage, or other financial pre-qualification / pre-approval information;
- We may also collect information using search terms and settings you use on our HoodQ Website and Service, and information regarding properties and home features you visit, or “like”;
- Employment information, when you provide information that includes your work location, education, or work history;
- Technical and customer support processes, for example we may ask you to provide contact information and information related to why you are contacting us, such as customer support issues;
- Creation of solutions and services that you request, where we may ask for your information in connection with various Social Media functionality, where you may provide your photos, and related information, as described below;
- Providing you the option to submit reviews such as product related surveys, or service feedback where we may ask you for your contact information and other information where applicable.
Information You Provide To Us From Social Media Channels
Some of the HoodQ Website and Service offer interactive solutions, including social media applications, where you can communicate with others or the public ("Social Media Channels"). We may collect the information you enter when you use these Social Media Channels, including Personal Information, your posts or communications, and your friend lists.
Functionality on the HoodQ Website and Service may also permit a variety of interactions with third party websites or applications. For example, you may be able to "like" a product or "share" content on or to other websites or use your account with a third party to login to a HoodQ Website and Service. When you choose to participate in a third party application or feature, you may be linking your activity on the HoodQ Website and Service with that third party service and you may be authorizing us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including Personal Information. The third party may allow you to remove the application, in which case we will no longer collect information about you through the application, but we may retain the information we collected. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their "connections" or information about you is otherwise accessible through your "connections" web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third party website or interactive service.
If you post information on a third party platform that refers to the HoodQ Website and Service (for example when using a Twitter hashtag with HoodQ Homebuyer Hub in your tweet), your post, name or profile picture associated with the applicable social media account may be published on the HoodQ Website and Service in accordance with the terms of that third party.
Certain Information That Is Automatically Collected
In general, you can visit many of our web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any contact information about yourself. We may track the Internet domain address from which people visit us, IP (Internet Protocol) address, other electronic markers and device identifiers. We also collect other information about our website traffic including information such as page requests, browser or device type, operating system and average time spent on our HoodQ Website and Service. We may analyze this data for preferences, trends, site usage statistics and to recognize you when you return to the HoodQ Website and Service (if you have registered on the HoodQ Website and Service). With your consent, we may also collect location data from your mobile phone or other devices you use to access our HoodQ Website and Service in order to provide you with location-based features. We may combine this information with other information in order to better understand our customers and customize our solutions such as:
Social Media: If you engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites or applications, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account (e.g., name, username, email address, profile picture) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the website or application.
If you would like to opt out of accepting cookies altogether, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, certain features of our websites or other services may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
Web Beacons: Our HoodQ Website and Service may also use a technology called “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our HoodQ Website and Service: This technology is used to help us optimize and tailor our HoodQ Website and Service for you and other future visitors to our HoodQ Website and Service.
Google Analytics: We use Google on our HoodQ Website and Service to collect usage data and help us to analyze how users use the HoodQ Website and Service (such as the pages most read, time spent, search terms and other engagement data) in order to evaluate and improve our websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Information That We Receive From Third Parties
We may supplement or combine the information that we collect with information that we obtain from third parties. For example:
- If you link your HoodQ Website and Service account to your social media accounts, accounts with other HoodQ-branded entities, or provide us with access to your account on a third-party service, we may receive data from the providers of those accounts;
- Some third parties may provide us with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access the Website and Service;
- If you are on another website and you opt-in to receive information from us, that website may forward to us your email address and other information about you so that we may contact you as requested;
- If other users give us access to their profiles on a third party website or application, we may receive information about you if you are one of their connections or information about you is otherwise accessible through their profile.
Details On Information Use
Our primary goal in collecting, using, and sharing user information is to enhance your experience on the HoodQ Website and Service, and improve its features, performance, and other elements. Your user information may be used for the purposes outlined below, and we may combine user information you provided us with information we automatically collected or collected from third parties to better understand you and to better facilitate the uses described below:
- To manage your account, requests and provide you with customer support
- To send you product or service news and information;
- With your consent, to send you marketing communications from us or others. For example, to connect you with financial service providers, real estate lawyers, or other third party service providers;
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our websites and apps;
- To deliver targeted advertising and promotional offers to you that may be of interest based on your browsing or purchase history or that are of the highest relevance to your demographic profile;
- With your consent or as permitted by law, to communicate with you in connection with any promotions, products, or services we believe may be of interest to you, as well as any changes to services provided to you;
- To save your data, such as your user account, registration, and other data so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit or use the services;
- To offer more secure access to your account;
- To maintain and improve our websites and apps including improving the content and functionality or customizing the layout of our pages;
- To conduct surveys and market research in order to improve our offerings;
- To detect and combat fraud, and better understand how to protect your information;
- To protect our own rights and interests, such as to resolve any disputes, enforce our terms of service, or to respond to legal process;
- To protect the rights and interests of our customers from individuals or organizations that violate the law or our terms of service, such as in cases of account takeovers, harassment or threats;
- To comply with applicable law;
- To ensure the safety of our customers, associates and facilities and;
- In connection with a potential sale of our business or assets and/or to manage legal claims against us each of which are described in more detail below.
We may also collect and analyze aggregated and/or anonymized information to produce statistical data to help us improve our provision of the services and manage user activity across our websites and apps.
Information Sharing and Disclosures
Information We Share
- Service Providers to HoodQ, with persons or companies that we retain to carry out services for us or to provide support to us;
- Law Enforcement, Judicial, Administrative, or Regulatory Disclosures. To comply with a legal obligation, at the request of a government entity conducting an investigation, or when we believe that the law requires disclosure or that disclosure is appropriate to protect or enforce the rights, property, safety, or security of ourselves or others;
- Other Third Parties. With your consent, with other non-affiliated third parties for various purposes, such as:
- Third parties with whom we are jointly delivering services or solutions, such as a promotion or advertising. HoodQ may offer a promotion that requires registration and if you choose to enter, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the administration of the contest, such as in connection with winner selection or prize fulfillment. HoodQ will obtain your separate opt-in consent to receive commercial electronic messages when we administer a Promotion;
- Third parties who may contact you about products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you;
- Third party acquisition or merger, or if we sell this website business or a line of business from this website, we reserve the right to transfer such information as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we reserve the right to transfer such information to protect our rights or as required by law.
Information That You Share
When you use the Social Media Services, certain elements of your Personal Information and certain information about your use of the HoodQ Website and Service may be accessible to other users of the HoodQ Website and Service and to the public.
If you choose to "share" content or to otherwise post information from or via a HoodQ Website and Service to a third party website, feature or application, that information will become public and the third party website may have access to information about you and your use of the HoodQ Website and Service. Likewise, other users may use these same solutions to share information about you.
We are not responsible for how you use or publish personal data through these or similar solutions, or how third parties use the solutions to share information.
Advertising, Analytics and Other Third Party Services That We Use
We may use third party analytics service providers to evaluate and provide us with information about the use of the HoodQ Website and Service and viewing of our content. Ad network providers, sponsors, advertisers, analytics service providers and/or similar third parties may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and embedded scripts on your device, may collect, set and use unique or non-unique identifiers, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you.
How To Protect Your Personal Information
Using the following options you can decide whether or not to receive certain communications from us:
- We will only send you commercial electronic messages with your consent and in accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”). You may wish to unsubscribe from our communication by using the unsubscribe link which is included in the footer of every promotional email we send;
- You may be able to manage communication preferences for certain HoodQ Websites and Services in your account settings or preferences page.
You Also Have Other Choices Described Below
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a "Do Not Track" signal to websites and online services you visit. “Do Not Track” is a technology and policy proposal that enables users to opt out of tracking by websites they do not visit, including analytics services, advertising networks, and social platforms.
To learn more about "Do Not Track" you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com
Please be aware that if you choose “Do Not Track” certain solutions on our site may not operate properly.
Our HoodQ Website and Service do not address anyone under the age of 13. HoodQ does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If we are notified that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, HoodQ will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at HoodQ’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We Use Standard Security Measures
We use appropriate and reasonable security measures on our sites. This includes taking steps to address physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect the information in our custody or control.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information only for as long as it is required in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected. Consequently, there is no single retention period applicable to all instances of personal information collected by us.
When any personal information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected, we destroy the personal information in a manner that takes into account the sensitivity of that information.
However, there is no such thing as perfect security. Although we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.